A recent Pitney Bowes survey reports has QR Code usage in the U.S. now at 19 percent, up from 5 percent previously reported by Forrester Research the previous year. Pitney Bowes suggests two elements for this marketing tool. First, QR codes cross traditional and digital channels, adding value to both marketing avenues. Additionally, QR codes are delivered through a mobile channel, which is fast becoming the preferred channel among consumers. Secondly, QR codes, when implemented as part of a cohesive marketing campaign are highly measurable.
Pitney Bowes offers the following tips to marketers and merchants using QR codes:
1. Focus on printed pieces such as magazine ads or packaging
2. Attach a message to communicate the customer value of scanning the code
3. Offer a mobile-friendly landing page
4. Use QR codes to integrate your digital and physical marketing programs
5. Measure and analyze results
6. Acknowledge, thank and reward your customers.